Monday, May 16, 2011

Cricut Layouts and instructions

I am very busy and loving it. The chance to create and have fun is becoming my daily indulgence. I am taking some classes on Big Picture Scrapbooking, entering contests on Crop Chocolate and also on a Facebook community called : Cricut Craft Room Go check it out and tell Erica that Faye sent you. She is giving away a Mini Cricut Cake to one of her friends once she reaches 1000 friends. I am also so blessed to join her Design Team and I get to create fun things for Erica to showcase. It is a great group of ladies, stop by if you have a chance. Then I attended an all day crop Michaels on Saturday and then this Saturday I get to go to another one - so since M312ay is National Scrapbook Month - I am making sure I do just that. SCRAPBOOK!!!!


I entered this layout in a 2 contests - so far it has won one of the contests. Prize is a Cricut Plushie - yeah because I really wnated one of those little guys.

To create this layout - I first off bought the supplies to create my custom ribbon from Michaels. Making Memories has a new line called Bravisimo. I used black shiny paper and gold glitter paper to create the perfect title and photo mats and stars for the Hollywood Stars.
I cut eight 4x6 mats for the photos
Usint the Birthday Cake cartridge I cut out the letters at 1.5 inches and the stars at 1 inch. The stars are in the lower right corner when you hit the shift key and appear as a strand of 5 stars. I cut six sets to put on the page and create the middle border.
I just put it all together to create a glittery layout that is very Hollywood.


This layout is just fun. I am working on the photos of when we went to Arizona in 2009. Route 66 is the topic right now so all layouts and creations seem to revolve around that. Anyhow, the challenge to use pennants for Big Picture Scrapbooking and then use only the function keys on any Cricut Cartridge got me going.
This is how I created it: I used the Cricut cartridge "Country Life"
Pennants were 2 inches high, Simple Pleasures word is 3 inches high and letters are 1.5 inch high
Photo corners are from Jasmine and are 1 inch high
It is just a fun way to showcase photos.


This layout is the map of stops along Route 66. Since the paper already had its own border, I cut the map in half and attached it to the paper. I cut one inch letters with a border and created the title. I also created a pocket in back to hold all my brochures and such to keep them together.



These final 2 layouts are just ones I created at the crop. Enjoy and thanks for coming by.

No comments: