Sunday, June 1, 2008

Scrapbooker of the Year

19 layouts and one project later, my portfolio of 20 items was sent to Creating Keepsakes on May 28th. My friend Debbie told me about it and encouraged me to go for it. Then Dave and many other friends encouraged me to go for it So with the due date being my 46th birthday and the reveal date being Dave's 48th birthday, it may appear this contest was for me. The reveal date is in Provo during CKU so who knows. I really enjoyed the process and have great layouts to show for it.
Anyhow, keep your fingers crossed and say lots of prayers. After having to give up my job when I got sick, this has been something that meant the world to me and I am proud of what I did.
I guess the biggest blessing is, that I saw how much faith my friends had in me and for that alone I am a winner
Faye

5 comments:

Arlene said...

Hi Faye,
I hadn't heard about this, but what an accomplishment it is just to be able to enter! I'll be thinking of you, and looking for the posted updates on your blog! BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!
Arlene

Sharon Coad said...

WooHoo! Way to go Faye. Getting it all done by the deadline is a job in itself. I'm sending good wishes to you in being selected. You deserve it!

Sharon

Faye's Crafti Corner said...

Thanks Sharon and Arlene,
I am keeping my fingers crossed :)
Hugs
Faye

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Faye !! I saw how much work it is to enter - scared me away after like the 2nd line -- so you should be totally proud for all the effort that took. And heck - winning wouldn't be so bad either would it !

Also looks like you had a great birthday - glad it was a good one.

Debbie Walter said...

Faye, you are so talented and hard working. It is an accomplishment just completing all of the work to enter. You Rock! Good Luck. I can't wait to get that phone call :)

Debbie