Friday, March 19, 2010

Belle



This is Belle. She is the first dog that we got when we moved into our first house. We got her as a puppy and we joke that we failed parenthood with her. We didn't know about crate training, etc so she ruled our house. She and the 3 cats just enjoyed being together. Actually it was funny, she mimicked the cats all the time. Oh we have stories to tell about that.

Today we had to take her to the vet because she was having problems with her legs and we found out that she has bone cancer. We had to discuss our options, none of which are good. Our vet feels that she can be kept comfortable for awhile longer because we will not amputate her leg. She is 12 years old.

So we are going to go get her, keep her comfortable awhile longer and probably say goodbye before we completely move out of our house and into my moms.

To say that I am struggling is an understatement. My pets are my kids because I never was able to have children, so my heart is just tearing at the moment. I would welcome your prayers for us and for Belle too




This is our girl with her make shift hospital tray that Daddy put together. She was so stoned. Our vet, Mark gave her a shot of morphine and she was zoned all night long. We love you Belle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Faye, sorry to hear about Bella. Just remember all the happy times and know that you are doing what is best for her. Big hugs to you and a big hug and scratch behind the ears for Bella. Prayers for a peaceful and painless (as much as possible) time. Sugar (my child) sends wishes too!

Lisa
aka chipndalefan