Friday, October 7, 2011

My time at Inspiration Unlimited #1

Two weeks ago I was in Henderson, Nevada for Inspiration Unlimited. We left on Wednesday September 21st in the morning with the attempt to make it in time for a group dinner at the resort buffet.
Well what was supposed to be a 7 hour journey became a 9.5 hour trip due to road distruction LOL. With the lupus and what all it does to my body, that proved to be a very long and tiring trip. With having to sit for that long my legs and other parts of my body hurt badly.
We finally arrived stopped and had dinner at Claim Jumper and then checked in. The Green Valley Resort is absolutely beautiful but you expect that in the Las Vegas area.

Thursday morning began with breakfast with my friend Karen and then we were off to play in Amy Coon's Technique Journal class. What fun it was, we got to make a mess and I must admit I LOVED IT!!!!! I am looking forward to continuing with it. Thanks Amy for an awesome class.



Next was a great class by Imaginisce. We made this Christmas flip album what was so delightful. I still need to finish it and then buy more of the flip frames from IKEA, it is so cute. I was blessed to sit by my friend Janet Kapke, we had a great time. On top of that huge blessing of a great class, as I was leaving the teacher knowing that we traveled by car, handed me all the left over paper and such from the class - wow that was great cause I loved the paper. I was able to take out what I wanted and then many of my friends were able to have some too. It was so cool, what a great blessing. Thank you so much Imaginisce for the great products and great class. I almost forgot I also won a prize of travel embellishments too.





At this point Dave is taking some ladies to 2 of the local scrapbook stores plus Hobby Lobby. They had so much fun but I opted to stay back at the hotel instead of going shopping cause I could tell that my body just needed to rest. Though I finished working on gifts for my friends at IU, it was still relaxing and much needed down time. I get so frustrated with this disease because no matter what I do, I pay a price pain wise and it seems so unfair.


This is my work area, I finished up gifts for my friends and they all came to my room to get their albums and other goodies. It really was a fun afternoon.





This is the paint can that I gave my paint can partner - Michelle Candelaria. She forgot to bring mine but hope to get it soon.

My secret sister April Berg gave me all these goodie - she is awesome



Dave helped Ginger in the onsite store and had a blast. This was after doing 2 rounds of shopping tours with a group of 12 ladies. They all loved him. I finally made it downstairs and my legs were beginning to give out. The burning and the pain is so hard and at one point he spotted me and told me to sit down. He could tell that I was going to fall down and so I sat. He went and got me a cold drink, he really tried to take care of me but could tell on day two that my body was beginning to fight me and that is not fun.

Check out the candy bar that was set up in the teacher meet and great - yummm

After getting my registration goodies, visiting with the teachers in a meet and greet, I had one more extra class with ProvoCraft. OH my that was just the bestest experience. Not only did we create a fabulous clipboard, they gave us many Cuttlebug embossing folders and it was just plain fun. My friend Janet was with me and we really enjoyed the time there. They were giving away a Cricut Cake, a Cricut Imagine and a Cricut Expression 2. The clipboard we made had papers from Teresa Collins Black and White cartridge and were so cool, oh I so wanted to win the Imagine. But truth be told, I don't have room for it but a girl can still want. Well I didn't win it and that was OK cause I am sure the lady who did was going to love it too. Then came the drawing for the E2 - guess whose name they called - yep me. I was so happy but heres the thing I already had one. I got it in May when they first came out and I LOVE IT!!!! So, I said to please draw another name because I had one. To my amazement the teacher - Shannon then said well then I will give you a $200 credit on Cricut.com. WOW was not expecting that, I just felt I wanted someone else to have the E2 cause I don't need 2 of them. So once again God blessed me and I was very grateful Thanks Shannon and thanks Provocraft, you all rock.






Class got out at 9:30 and Dave finished up helping Ginger and met me at the class to carry all my stuff up to the room. The rest of the evening was quiet. Took my pain meds and then off to bed, going to be an early morning. What is so hard about events like this, is the fact I really enjoy them but my body has its own agenda. So that being said, first day of extra classes, proved to be a great day, so all in all I was thrilled to be there and with all my friends.

1 comment:

margie said...

Oh Faye, You are such a TROUPER!! You NEVER even let on that you weren't 100%. It was SO WONDERFUL to see you at IU. Thank you SO VERY MUCH for all of the wonderful goodies including the Beautiful Albums that you made for me and DD Katie. hugs, Margarita Margie