Saturday, April 5, 2008

4 States in 10 Days


Whew what an adventure. It all began on Thursday March 13th. We left home at 8:00 a.m. for our 4 state tour with lots of activity in between. We finally arrived in Richland around 7:00 p.m. after driving through wind storms, heavy winds, rain, snow and sunny skies. We made great time. Had dinner with the family at Shari's then off to the hotel to collapse.


We went to Leavenworth with Rick and Maria on Friday. It was an awesome day. Full of laughter and great conversation. It was nice to just relax and spend time with family. I really treasure most of all the great connection that I made with Rick. It set the tone for the whole vacation. Rick you really are a great brother in law and a true blessing to many. Then Maria and I finally got to reconnect and talk about CKU and our summer trip. It was great.


On our way home from Leavenworth, we stopped for a moment in George. Yes there really is a George, Washington
On the way back, I got a call from Kessi - our new niece and she wanted to know where we were and wanted to meet me. She sounded so excited and I was looking forward to meeting her and the others. Funny thing was, Rick and Maria had not even met the girls yet so the call seemed kind of odd. The fact they were anxious to meet me made me wonder what was going on. Well we went back to the hotel and got the flowers for the wedding and headed to the house. The truth about us getting there became evident when we walked in and the girls were on the floor in hysterics because they couldn't get over the fact how much Dave and Don looked alike. They wanted us there to see Dave and Don together, not to meet me. So alas, they got to meet Dave and the flowers were delivered. I hope to spend more time with them again and get to know them better. We didn't stay long because the house was full and we wanted to go to the mall for awhile.
On Saturday the 15th, Don and Kim became a E-Harmony success story and they got married. That night the guys went to the movies and I spent the evening with Maria, Joanna, Sarah and the little boys. We had a great time and I enjoyed spending time with my great nieces and nephews.

We left Sunday the 16th for Anaheim. Don, Kim and the kids in their van and Dave and I in our car, caravanned down I-5. We drove through Oregon and stopped in Redding. I was thrilled to see Shasta Mountain again. We left early Monday Morning and off we went to Disneyland. 3 days of great fun. On Tuesday the 18th we went to a taping of Deal or No Deal. It was a special Star Wars segment and Darth Vader was the banker. It was so much fun. Disneyland and California Adventure were a ton of fun. As a treat to ourself we traded our passes in to upgrade to a yearly pass. Watch out Disneyland, we are coming back.


We left for home on Friday the 21st and got caught in horrible traffic. We stopped for dinner at Harris Ranch Coffee Shop. We drove onto Patterson and spent the night.
On Saturday the 22nd, we were home after driving well over 2500 miles. It was alot of fun but oh so tiring.





No comments: