Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Journaling Excercise - A Routine

Sometimes routines become rituals. Animals are great about keeping you on track. Before moving in with my mom, I would be the go to person for their breakfast each morning. I would get up, put my contacts in, brush my teeth and then head to the kitchen to take my morning meds. But as I was heading down the hall, all 3 dogs immediately went to the kitchen because with 3 labs it would be necessary to give them their breakfast before I took my meds. They would come in and sit in front of me and leave with their tails wagging as soon as their tummies were happy.
In our new home we are one less dog and now grandma gives them their breakfast. They are perfectly fine with getting their morning treats from her so now it is no longer one of my routines and I kind of miss it.

No comments: