Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Journal My Christmas - December 29th

My Thoughts ~

Today I had the option to create my album cover or whatever I wanted to do. With New Years being so close and Christmas a distant memory, what is it that I wanted to say in this enty.

This year has been so hard and it ended on a very tough note. There are lots of things that were extraordinary about the year also. So with the good and the bad, I am ready to say farewell to 2009.

The year began with my left foot in a cast and ended with my right foot in a brace. Having brittle bones due to all the meds for lupus is so hard. It is really a pain I don't want to get used to.

I have to say as a praise that the pain from the neuropathy has settled down and I don't start my day in excruciating pain. That for me is huge.

We were able to travel this year and see things we have never seen before. Hoover Dam, Sedona, Route 66 and Grand Canyon are at the top of the list. Phoenix and Creative Escape were absolutely wonderful. I have never left an event so full of wonder and happiness. The group of ladies that I was blessed to be with were by far the cream of the crop and it was so hard to say goodbye. My prayers are that 2010 will include CE again. I know that at least Inspiration Unlimited with be part of the fun.

We went to Washington and had a great time with family. The trip seemed fast but we saw everyone and that was awesome.

Disneyland was a destination twice. Once in January while attending CHA and then again in November. It was fun to go there and just leave the stress behind.

I have been so blessed by my friends and know that they are there for me. I wish I could spend more time with them. Saren, Treion, Colleen and Bev are so awesome and love each of them. Julie is also my scrappin friend and since her dog Charley is Dave's mistress, it is fun to have her in the mix. We are going to have a girlfriends weekend at the end of January. Something to look forward to.

Since Bill died, Mom has been lost. She is going to church with us, which is awesome and I am praying that with us moving in with her that will help ease the void. We have alot of work cut out for us but I know that we will get lots done.

We have enjoyed time with Michael. I will be sorry to see him go. He may come back here though in the Fall and it will be great to have him near me.

God has brought a person back into my life. Dale was a classmate from 3rd grade through high school. Unfortunately he was a bully to me all through school and so unbelievably mean. I have seen that he has had a very tough life and his world right now is so hard. Part of me is upset with him and wonders why I need to relive the horrors of what he did to me and the other part realizes that God needs me to show him love and forgiveness and through me he may find his way to God. That would be so awesome and he did go to Christmas Eve services with my family. I know that if I keep my focus on God, He will help me not relive the bad memories and be available to show Dale what he is missing in his world.

So as I write this, we are praying that Dave finds a full time job. Michaels has made him a permanent employee, but not full time. We need to finish moving and that is no small job and just trust that God will see us through.

At times I want to feel sorry for myself but I have never let the pain or this disease do that to me, so I am not going to let these losses do it either. Even though things are challenging there are also many blesssings. I need to remember that!!!

No comments: